Even after 30-40k miles, transmission fluid begins to age as it turns brown in color and oxidizes from heat and time. Deposits begin to form around the moving parts, and can result in valves that stick, gears that slip, or begin making a chattering noise as it shifts through the gears.
Although a highly debated topic in the automotive industry, here at Integrity Auto, we don’t suggest performing any type of “power” flush. All too often, many of the internal components of your car’s automatic transmission are temperamental to fluid pressure changes, which could become partially blocked by debris or sediment in the unit, and cause it to operate poorly after that type of service.
Instead of using power machinery to attempt “flushing” your car’s transmission lines, we recommend a service that has been widely accepted and proven for decades:
- Replacement of your vehicle’s transmission filter
- Replacement of the transmission pan gasket
- Replacement of all fluid retrieved during the process
This service helps one of the hardest working parts of your vehicle perform smoothly and effortlessly for many more trouble-free miles!
Who told you the transmission needs replaced?
If you suspect your transmission is failing, or you have concerns about shifting issues, give us a call. If you’ve been told you need your transmission repaired or replaced, let us take a look.In the majority of cases, transmissions do not need to be replaced, and we are happy to offer a second opinion and guide you through your options. If replacement is necessary, we’ll offer you a competitive quote at no charge after a simple vehicle inspection, and potentially save you a great deal of money.
Typical transmission problems include any of the following:
- Transmission fluid leaking under the vehicle
- Shifting at improper speed levels
- Passing gears that won’t engage properly
- Vehicle won’t move or shifts late during the first few minutes of driving
- Slippage: Engine races but vehicle moves slowly or won’t accelerate
- Rough or erratic shifting; clunking noise while shifting
- A dashboard ‘Check Engine’ or ‘Service Engine Soon’ light comes on
- The Shift handle is hard to move in or out of any position
- The Shift indicator must be slightly off (P) or (N) to start car
- The Shift indicator doesn’t point to the proper range
- A burnt or rancid odor emanates from under the hood or from underneath the vehicle
- Excessive amounts of debris are found in the transmission pan during service
Integrity Auto Care can install and service a rebuilt Jasper Transmission. You can purchase a completely remanufactured Jasper transmission and get back on the road worry-free, with an extended nationwide, transferable, 3 Yr. / 100k mile warranty. Call us for details!